Data Spaces in EU: Synergies between data protection and data spaces, EU challenges and the experiences of Spain
The Spanish Data Protection Authority (AEPD) and the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) are organizing the event ‘DATA SPACES IN EU: Synergies between data protection and data spaces, EU challenges and experiences of Spain’ where discussions on the European Data Spaces Initiatives will be addressed.
The conference will bring together experts, industry, academia and public administration to explore the challenges and opportunities in the European Union's data strategy. We will create an atmosphere conducive to have the opportunity to share experiences and knowledge, shedding light on the synergies between data protection and data spaces, with a particular focus both on the EU and Spain's experiences.
The conference aims to discuss and address:
- the challenges and opportunities of implementing GDPR provisions in EU Data Spaces
- lessons learnt and good practices from existing Data Spaces initiatives at EU level
- the interplay between Union law and policies on data sharing
- engineering data protection by design in Data Spaces.
Physical participants will also have the opportunity to participate in a workshop where they will be able to exchange views and debate on emerging data protection aspects of Data Spaces.
|Date:||October 2nd, 2023|
|Time:||From 09:30 to 18:00. Streaming only available until 14:45 under preliminary registration|
|Recording of the event:||Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3|
|Event’s conclusions report:||It will be available soon.|
|Time||Topic, format, people involved|
|08:45 – 09:30||Registration and coffee|
|09:30 – 09:45 Streaming|
|09:45 – 10:15 Streaming|
Why do we speak about GDPR in Data Spaces?
|10:15 – 11:00 Streaming|
European Data Spaces Initiatives
Moderator: Xabier Lareo, Head of Sector EDPS
|11:00 – 11:30||Coffe break please! networking|
|11:30 – 12:15 Streaming|
Interplay GDPR-DGA-DA-DMA-DSA-EHDS-AIA in Data Spaces
Moderator: Anna Lytra, Deputy DPO, EDPB
|12:15 – 13:00 Streaming|
Data Spaces at a national level through Europe
Moderator: Alberto Palomo, Chief of the Spanish Data Office, Secretary of State of Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence. Presentation
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch time to networking|
|14:00 – 14:45 Streaming|
Data Protection by design and by default techniques in Data Spaces
Moderator: Prokopios Drogkaris (ENISA)
|14:45 – 16:15|
Workshop: It’s time to share experiences, to raise open questions, to think and to get new ideas
The audience will choose participating in one of the eight working tables.
The chairpersons will make a short introduction about the topic and will lead audience to participate and debate.
|16:15 – 16:45||We definitely need a coffee break|
|16:45 – 17:30|
Workshop Conclusions – Plenary Discussion
Moderator: Joaquín Perez Catalán (AEPD), Head of International Relations Division, AEPD
|17:30 – 18:00|
- AEPD. Approach to data spaces from GDPR perspective
- AEPD. Guidelines for the validation of cryptographic systems in data protection processing
- APED-EDPS. 10 Misunderstandings related to anonymisation
- AEPD-EDPS. Introduction to the Hash Function as a Personal Data Pseudonymisation Technique
- AEPD. K-anonymity as a privacy measure
- ENISA. Data Protection Engineering
- ENISA. Engineering Personal Data Sharing
- ENISA. Pseudonymisation techniques and best practices
- ENISA. Data Pseudonymisation: Advanced Techniques and Use Cases
AEPD’s blog posts: